How to Place A Custom Kit Order:
Custom kits can be ordered for our ComforTech Ceramic Series window film only. Kits are available in six standard widths: 24”, 30”, 36”, 48”, 60”, and 72” and in lengths starting at a minimum of 12″ and increasing in 1′ increments up to a maximum of 180″. Please note, that ComforTech film is not approved for windows over 40 square feet in area due to the increased risk of thermal stress failure with the glass.
Choose Your Shade
ComforTech Ceramic Series comes in five performance shades that are from darkest to lightest: 05, 15, 25, 35, 45. Use our guide to select the shade of window film you want to purchase. If you are unsure, consider ordering a window film sample kit to view the film in your home.
Measure Your Windows
Then measure the width and height of the glass portion of your windows only. Do not include the window frame. Add one inch to the width and the height for exact trimming to size (some older windows may not be plumb and final trimming ensures a perfect installation).
For the width, round up to the next largest standard width available. So for example, if your window measures 28″ wide, adding 1″ for trimming to the exact size yields 29″. Round up to the next available width which is 30″ and select that.
Lengths are available in 1″ increments and can be entered as calculated (measured with the addition of 1″ for exact trimming).
Benefits of Custom Kits
- Saves you time because the film is pre-cut for your specific windows
- Prevents having to handle a bulky and heavy roll of film
- No film waste
Other Things to Note
- There is a $15 custom kit handling fee for all custom orders. Product returns are not allowed for this item as the film is custom cut to size.
- The lead time for custom kits may range between 7 to 10 days as all orders are fulfilled from our East Coast Service Center.
- Please note that installation tools are not included with custom kits. Our professional installation toolkit can be purchased separately.